Secure Our Meds
Generic and biosimilar medicines remain essential to treating millions of patients, whether battling COVID-19 or managing chronic health conditions. Yet getting these safe and reliable medicines to market and keeping them there can be a challenge and cannot be taken for granted. Together, we can take steps to secure patient access no matter what challenges may arise.
Secure Our Access
Secure Our Supply Chain
To accomplish this, we must:
- Establish a list of essential medicines
- Provide grants and tax incentives to encourage expansion and new investments
- Ensure long-term price and volume contracts to protect against inexpensive imports
- Pursue regulatory efficiencies for manufacturing approvals
- Secure an International Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Agreement among allies
- Create export opportunities to enhance economic opportunity
Secure Our Markets
Secure Our Meds illustrates challenges facing the generic and biosimilars industry and offer policymakers realistic, achievable solutions to secure the supply chain, strengthen markets and provide patient access now and in the future. Explore the data and analysis that informs the policy recommendations.